Your landscaping venture will be as successful as the tools you use. Using the appropriate tools improves efficiency and ultimately gives you well-manicured gardens and lawns. Needless to say, your clients will be happy, assuring more business.
You may spend a fortune buying and stocking the appropriate landscaping supplies, but the returns will be worth it in the long run.
#1 Hand-Held Landscaping Tools
Some of the essential gardening tools are long or short-handled tools. They’re simple and need no technical know-how to use.
Any gardening work requires various hand-powered tools such as shovels, spades, rakes, pruning shears, and more.
Tips For Buying Hand-Held Tools
- The handle should be made from solid and durable wood. Wood with closely neat grain denotes the strength of the wood material
- Keep off painted wood handles. The paint is often used to conceal fault in the wood. It may be a crack, a knot, or low-quality wood.
- There are tools with fiberglass or steel handles instead of wood. These materials are also strong, like wood, and have a longer service life. They’re more expensive, but their durability counters cost.
- The feel- How does the weight of the tool compare with its distribution on the item? This determines the ease with which you’ll use the tool. The tool should also have a firm grip for comfort and convenience.
Let’s take a look at some of these tools.
The Shovel- is a handy gardening tool, used for digging holes. It needs sharpening a few times a year depending on use.
The Rake- there are two types: steel and leaf rake. A level-headed steel rake ideal for tougher gardening jobs such as moving gravel, compost, or mulch. A leaf rake is lighter and excellent for twigs, leaves, and debris.
The Pruning Shears-are used for removing branches. They can cut up to one-inch branch thickness.
# 2 Powered Landscaping Equipment
Apart from hand-held tools, you’ll need powered equipment such as lawnmowers, grass trimmer, leaf blowers, and more. They are easy to use because you only need to power and manipulate them to do the work.
Tips for choosing powered Landscaping Equipment
Powered equipment varies in price depending on your need. For instance, a heavy-duty lawn mower is expensive. However, invest in high-quality machines because they’ll serve you better for longer. They’re likely to experience less breakdown and disappointment in performance.
Generally, gas-powered tools are more powerful than electric ones. However, electric machines are quieter than those powered by gas.
Here’s a detailed look at some power landscaping machines
- Lawnmower– is among the most expensive lawn care equipment. A powerful lawnmower allows you to complete work quickly and efficiently. It may take a substantial amount on your startup budget and leverage the market by giving you a professional image.
- The Grass Trimmer- helps to obtain a finishing edge on the sidewalks and against trees. It may either be gas, or electric powered.
- The Leaf Blower- is essential for all leaf collecting activities. It’s fast and efficient for touch-up work. For commercial purposes, the gas-powered leaf blower is more reliable than the electric-powered.
A well-manicured lawn requires a wide range of gardening tools. Be sure to source your landscaping tools from a reliable manufacturer.